What a fun time attending the first ever Oracle OpenWorld Europe in London. Lots of new and fresh faces mixed in with the regulars. We had a chance to see and talk to lots of people in our community, explore some new companies, and sit in a few sessions. It was two days filled with constant shuffling, talking, listening, and interacting. Not to mention lots of pondering and thinking about what the future holds for us all ahead.
But let’s make this more digestible for you and get straight to the key takeaways!
- Over 300 sessions
- Eddie Izzard gave a great keynote speech
- Cool booths
- Excellent ‘Networking Hour’
- Bold predictions by CEO Mark Hurd: “2025, 85% of interactions with customers will be automated”
- Plenty of IoT, Blockchain, AI, and sprinkle of Supply Chain, Cloud, and Security talks
- The rise of Oracle Autonomous Database
- Security lines to get in took ages
- The layout of booths and sessions was ok, but lots of bottlenecks
- The app for the event was not special…deleted right after the event
- Would have been more affective for visitors to have better profile information of all companies at the booths
- Oracle OpenWorld goes to Dubai in February and then Singapore in March
- Coming back to Europe seems to be on the table, but is still TBD
We want to hear from you.
Did you attend OOWLON? Or perhaps you plan to attend in Dubai or Singapore?
Let us know what you enjoyed and what you would change?
Comment or message us.
Thanks in advance,
The Project Drive